Saturday, November 15, 2014

Le Petit Soubère, the wall, sheep and goats!

NOTE:  This was about 2 weeks ago, I have been trying to make sure my blog entries are decent enough to read.  

After a nice day out on the farm building a wall here at Petit Soubère, I sit down to write this blog entry about my adventures during the two week Toussaints holiday in France.  My friend Libby is nice enough to house and feed me while we work on a wall she wants to build in front of her property.  Surprisingly for me, I did not get mortar all over my self, just some on my hands and some of the dust got in my hair.   Now, that I am all done rinsing off all of the mortar dust out of my hair and off of my hands, I can write this.  We were trying to figure out how to be the most efficient in laying these big cement bricks down, unfortunately, in the process we might have compromised our hands by using them to mold the mortar.  We were trying to be accurate and not wasteful with our mortar placement, tomorrow I will try with the tools we have, which aren't very many, but with some patience, they may save my hands. 

      
 Here is a photo of our progress on the wall, I think it's awesome!


Out here in the countryside everything moves at a different speed.  We wake up have a bit of coffee and go and check on the new group of sheep and goats at the Petit Soubère.  This group of sheep and goats belongs to Alain, a wonderful farmer who seeks to provide a natural and organic land clearing operation with his group of animals.  These sheep and goats have only been on the Petit Soubère for over a week, clearing most of the long grasses, weeds and other unnecessary vegetation.  Think of the goat man in Seattle.  Alain said though that you need to be careful, because they will slowly eat everything, so be mindful and watch their progress day by day.  Here is a picture of the farm and the posse:

Alain and Libby watching over the herd, heads are a bit cutoff.

Panorama of the entrance to the Petit Soubère

Praying Mantis, in the little Gite where we were getting our water to mix with the mortar
Fun shot, taken with my phone, I was impressed with the quality!
Another shot of the herd in the morning!

Good morning from Cazaubon, France!


No comments:

Post a Comment